Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Whole30 - Day 1, part 2

This is a few days late, but I wanted to post it up anyway. This should have been posted on Monday, May 20.


Got home, started working on dinner and some food for the next few days.
Ended up coating a few yams in coconut oil and popping them in the oven. Paired that with some more of the Costco chicken.

One thing that amazed me yesterday was how little I ate. And I was full! My total food consumption for the entire day was about what I eat after I get home on a normal night volume wise, and way, way, waaaayyyy less calorie wise. I'm sure I cut 500+ calories alone just from removing drinks.

After dinner, I was kinda awake since I could not do any of my normal wind down activities (ie, stuffing my face with crap). Since I needed to get prepping and cooking some of the veggies that are starting to look sad, I ended up making some soup. I boiled down the chicken carcass and made a stock (since all my instant broths has SUGAR! dang it). This was something new for me. I also got to mess with a sweet potato for the first time. Sweet Potato>Yam.

Not having potatoes was going to kill me, but since sweet potatoes are okay in moderation, I can do this. In the soup I made, they were a great texture and hardly tasted sweet at all.

The end of day one involved an awful caffeine headache and lots of tossing and turning.

But I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment