Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Whole30 - Day 2

Day 2 - May 21

This was a tough one. Ate the same thing for breakfast, and some of the soup I had made the night before for lunch. Was feeling pretty good until about an hour after lunch. Started feeling tired and cranky. Was very difficult to be nice to customers. Headache was starting.

After work, drove to my parents house to get my starting weight.....and it was depressing:

Starting Weight: 226.8lbs.

SHAME! At least it was not over 230, which was what I was a few weeks ago.

Made it home, tried to start cooking and dishes, but the headache was now a full blown migraine. I went and hid in the dark and tried not to cry. My whole body ached, I had weird stabbing pains, I was shaky.  Ended up falling asleep. Few hours later, woke up and I was ready to quit this Whole30 thing. I wanted a peanut butter and jelly or macaroni and cheese or something else quick and easy and delicious and not a frickin vegetable. I wanted Nobby's (a local burger joint that is amazing, but you most likely should not eat more than once in a while, and certainly not 3x a week, which was what I was doing). What did I care if I looked like a whale at the beach for the rest of my life or developed diabetes, give me the comfort food!!!!

I was pouting and saying I was going to quit. My husband told me to stay strong. I went to the fridge trying to find something. The bread and jelly were right there........and then I saw eggs! A scramble....easy and delicious, even without cheese. Sauteed some mushrooms up with some crumbled bacon (my cheat item until I have the money to get properly sourced bacon) in garlic olive oil. Once those were good and crispy (cause I don't care for soggy shrooms), I added in my eggs.  A few minutes later, I was eating. Once I was not hungry, the deep desire for crap was lessened.

Day 2 was more challenging than Day 1, but also felt more accomplished.

I slept pretty poorly, but wind also freaks me out, and we had some strong gusts last night. So I will chalk up my poor sleeping to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment