Friday, May 24, 2013

Whole30 - Day 3

Day 3 - May 22

Ate the same thing for breakfast....again. It's not that they are bad, it is just that I am still trying to train myself to eat certain veggies like tomatoes and spinach and sometimes they still make me want to hurl. Took me hours to choke them down. I'm really glad I only have one more days worth of them.

Then came the challenge of the day. Birthday Lunch. DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNN!
Every month my company buys all the employees lunch in honor of the people that had their birthdays. Usually it is something like sub sandwiches, catered Mexican feast, or lately a food truck comes out and we each get to pick our own.
Yesterday it was Pizza. Lets break pizza down.
Crust=grains
Sauce=tomatoes laced with added sugar
Cheese = delicious forbidden milk product goodness
toppings = some okay, others over processed meats. Can't eat, because tainted by other toppings
Combine all of the above...and I have nothing edible.

My desk is right outside the kitchen, and the smell was amazing!!!! I wanted a piece sooo bad. My co-workers were good sports and said it was the worst pizza they had ever had. Everyone kept offering to go get me a piece thinking I was stuck on a call and chat. I had to explain that I was on a strict diet of my choosing and that I was okay. I had a few people tell me I was hardcore and that there was no way they could do what i am doing.
Truth be told, I was in their shoes about a month ago. I had an interest in Paleo but figured there was no way in hell I could give up butter and milk, rice and black beans, Mountain Dew and Red Bull.

But I have, and I am doing it, and it is pretty awesome.

Since I couldn't have Pizza, I popped over to the Hunter and the Farmer, a local food truck that caters to Paleo eaters. I ended up getting some zuchinni "spaghetti" with vegetarian sauce and some barbacoa because they ran out of the meat sauce. It was pretty dang good.

For dinner, I decided I wanted to try and replicate one of my favorite foods, Fried Rice....but with some Whole30/Paleo Friendly twists. I had come across a recipe for Cauliflower rice on my favorite Paleo blog, "nom nom paleo." I whipped up a batch and then proceeded like usual. I know I should not have put the frozen peas in there, but I realized that too late. I used coconut aminos in place of soy sauce, and it turned out really well. My husband and I are not fond of cauliflower, but we both scarfed our bowls and took it for lunch the next day too.

I really need to work on staying organized and figuring out stuff in advance, because we keep not getting to eat dinner until 9ish because I am learning new techniques.

3 days down, 27 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment